Submission of entries is closed
The final deadline for submitting entries to Balticbest 2016 is August 17, 2016 at 23:59.
Balticbest has 15 different entry sections which represent the broad scope of communications:
• MEDIA - Media innovation in traditional media (advertising and media planning that uses conventional media, including digital, in an original way). Media innovation in alternative media (advertising and media planning that invents a new medium to carry its message; ambient, stunts, guerrilla marketing, installations etc). Creative Technology (objects or devices invented exclusively for a brand or a campaign, including vending machines, wearable technology, interactive installations etc).
• DESIGN - Graphic, publication, packaging, product design and brand identity.
• INTERACTIVE / DIGITAL - Websites, online ads (banners etc), online and viral films, social media campaigns, virtual reality.
• PROMO & ACTIVATION - Exhibitions and special events designed to engage consumers and visitors with the values of a brand. Brand activation and CRM programmes, loyalty schemes, special offers, competitions, in-store activities, merchandising, tie-ins etc designed for immediate results or to reinforce long-term customer relationships. Installations or campaigns allowing consumers to engage directly with the brand, physical brand spaces such as exhibitions, museums and pop-up stores, in-store displays and merchandising, operations targeting consumers at the point of sale.
• INTEGRATED - Campaigns using at least three different media for a synergistic effect.
• PR - Sponsorship, PR campaigns and other activities designed to achieve specific objectives in the media on an unpaid basis.
• PRINT & POSTER CRAFT
• FILM CRAFT
• MOBILE - Applications, mobile websites, campaigns, games.
• BRANDED CONTENT & ENTERTAINMENT - Films & series (Operations involving films or web series designed to reinforce brand values in the context of entertainment and/or original content). Branded games (online, mobile, tablet or video games created specifically for brands, or product placements that enhance a player’s experience of the game). Native advertising (original content that complements or reflects the editorial environment in which it appears, conveying a brand message yet providing engaging information or entertainment for the audience).
An entry or campaign may be submitted into more than one category – however it is essential that each entry is appropriate to the selected category, and focuses on the elements most relevant to that category.
The organisers reserve the right to change the categories selected by entrants if they consider that the category chosen is incorrect or to ensure that all entries on a common theme are judged together.
The entry fee in all categories (except for Interactive and Branded Content & Entertainment) is 100 €. Interactive and Branded Content & Entertainment entry is 150 €.
Entry fees must be paid by bank transfer through Defol.io website.
By uploading and submitting entries to the competition online, entrants undertake to pay the corresponding registration and entry fees. All entries submitted to the competition will be judged, and the payment of fees will be due, unless the entries are withdrawn, in writing, before August 17, 2016.
The jury will start evaluating the entries on August 22. The shortlist will be announced in the morning of August 23. The winners will be announced at Balticbest Awards in the evening of August 23, 2016 in Jurmala, Latvia.
In the designation of category winners, judges will abstain from voting on entries from their own agencies (or agency groups). All jury members may vote for the Grand Prix.
The decision of the judges is final and awards may be withheld at the discretion of the jury or if no entry in a category achieves a score that qualifies it as a winner.
All Grand Prix and category winners (Gold, Silver and Bronze) will receive winners’ diplomas at Balticbest 2016 Award Gala on August 23, 2016 in Jurmala, Latvia.
Grand Prix and Gold winners of Balticbest 2016 will be automatically sent, with no extra cost, to compete at EPICA Awards.
Grand Prix winners will be chosen by majority vote of the entire jury. Entries in the charities and public services categories and those with a charitable or public service message are excluded from winning the Grand Prix.
All entries must be submitted online here at defol.io/balticbest/2016 website.
Entries that are not in English should be translated or accompanied by a full translation. It will be in your own interest to explain or translate any specific word play or local, social, cultural or political references and nuances.
Print and Outdoor entries must be uploaded as high-resolution jpegs (300dpi/~240mm on longest side). Radio entries must be accompanied by a script in English or as a video compiling both original sound and subtitles in English. Film entries must be added in Defol.io as links only. TV/film and radio commercials may not exceed 3 minutes.
All non-traditional media entries in the Direct, Media, Branded Content, PR, Promo & Activation and Design groups must be accompanied by a PDF case study or a case film. PDF case study illustrates or explains the creative idea. Case films must be added as links and may not exceed 3 minutes. The organisers cannot guarantee to present video material that does not meet these requirements.
Entrants may submit physical samples of Direct, Print, Promo & Activation and Design entries in addition to the images uploaded online. Samples must be sent to Best Marketing office in Tallinn (attn: Ms Silja Oja, Best Marketing, Äripäev AS, Pärnu mnt 105, 19094, Tallinn, 11314, Estonia) with the appropriate entry numbers attached (view your entry product code in defol.io).
All entrants authorise the organisers and other third-party companies to copy, scan, digitalise and otherwise duplicate their entries in whatever form and to use such material for exhibitions, screenings, publications, broadcasts, DVDs and on the Internet in order to promote the Balticbest awards and to propagate the results of the competition. Under no circumstances shall the organisers, or their authorised representatives, be held responsible for the payment of royalties or other charges in connection with the aforementioned activities. Each entrant agrees to not hold the organisers, and/or their authorised representatives, liable against any claims concerning the material in this respect.
HOW TO ENTER & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Create your account in Defol.io/balticbest/2016
Entry form / case study: You should upload your materials in PDF format to „Drag your images here“ field in Defol.io entry submission site. Entry form may be maximum1000 characters long.
Images: Max: 6 images. NB! In print, print & poster craft and outdoor categories only 1 image per entry is allowed. If you wish to submit a series, you should upload and pay for the entries separately. You should upload your materials to „Drag your images here“ field in Defolio entry submission site. One digital image of each entry strictly in the following format: JPG, 300 dpi.
Case films, videos, films, radio ads: You should upload your case films and video clips to YouTube, Vimeo or any other file sharing site with free access and copy the link to „Link to video/presentation“ field in Defolio entry submission site. Max. duration: 3 minutes. Radio clips must be accompanied by a script in English (or as a video compiling the original sound with the script in English).