Submission of entries is closed
NB! The extended deadline for submitting entries to Balticbest 2018 is August 22, 2018 at 23:59.
Only advertising and other forms of communication that have been approved by the advertiser and used, published or broadcasted between 1st July 2017 and 31st July 2018 are eligible as entries. Work that does not meet these eligibility conditions will be disqualified.
The competition is open to advertising and marketing agencies, their clients, film production companies, media consultancies, photographers, design studios and private persons.
Balticbest has 18 different entry sections which represent the broad scope of communications:
• MEDIA - Media innovation in traditional media (advertising and media planning that uses conventional media, including digital, in an original way). Media innovation in alternative media (advertising and media planning that invents a new medium to carry its message; ambient, stunts, guerrilla marketing, installations etc). Creative Technology (objects or devices invented exclusively for a brand or a campaign, including vending machines, wearable technology, interactive installations etc).
• DESIGN - Graphic, publication, packaging, product design and brand identity (except for a web design).
• WEB DESIGN - web pages
• ONLINE VIDEO/FILM - online and viral films
• ONLINE ADVERTISING - online ads (banners etc)
• SOCIAL MEDIA - social media campaigns, social media strategy (long-term brand presence and activities in social media)
• PROMO & ACTIVATION - Exhibitions and special events designed to engage consumers and visitors with the values of a brand. Brand activation and CRM programmes, loyalty schemes, special offers, competitions, in-store activities, merchandising, tie-ins etc designed for immediate results or to reinforce long-term customer relationships. Installations or campaigns allowing consumers to engage directly with the brand, physical brand spaces such as exhibitions, museums and pop-up stores, in-store displays and merchandising, operations targeting consumers at the point of sale.
• INTEGRATED - Campaigns using at least three different media for a synergistic effect.
• PR - Sponsorship, PR campaigns and other activities designed to achieve specific objectives in the media on an unpaid basis.
• PRINT & POSTER CRAFT
• FILM CRAFT
• MOBILE - Applications, mobile websites, campaigns, games.
• BRANDED CONTENT & ENTERTAINMENT - Films & series (Operations involving films or web series designed to reinforce brand values in the context of entertainment and/or original content). Branded games (online, mobile, tablet or video games created specifically for brands, or product placements that enhance a player’s experience of the game). Native advertising (original content that complements or reflects the editorial environment in which it appears, conveying a brand message yet providing engaging information or entertainment for the audience).
An entry or campaign may be submitted into more than one category – however it is essential that each entry is appropriate to the selected category, and focuses on the elements most relevant to that category.
The organisers reserve the right to change the categories selected by entrants if they consider that the category chosen is incorrect or to ensure that all entries on a common theme are judged together.
The entry fee in all categories is 120 €. VAT will be added where applicable.
Entry fees must be paid by bank transfer through Defol.io website.
By uploading and submitting entries to the competition online, entrants undertake to pay the corresponding registration and entry fees. All entries submitted to the competition will be judged, and the payment of fees will be due, unless the entries are withdrawn, in writing, before August 22, 2018.
The jury round 1 (shortlisting) will take place on the 24th of August, shortlist will be announced on August 27th. The jury round 2 (finals) will take place on August 31st. The winners will be announced at Balticbest Awards in the evening of August 31, 2018 in the Estonian Film Museum in Tallinn, Estonia.
In the designation of category winners, judges will abstain from voting on entries from their own agencies (or agency groups). All jury members may vote for the Grand Prix.
The decision of the judges is final and awards may be withheld at the discretion of the jury or if no entry in a category achieves a score that qualifies it as a winner.
All Grand Prix and category winners (Gold, Silver and Bronze) will receive winners’ diplomas at Balticbest 2018 Award Gala on August 31, 2018 in Tallinn, Estonia.
Grand Prix winners will be chosen by majority vote of the entire jury. Entries in the charities and public services categories and those with a charitable or public service message are excluded from winning the Grand Prix.
All entries must be submitted online here at defol.io/balticbest/2018 website.
Entries that are not in English should be translated or accompanied by a full translation. It will be in your own interest to explain or translate any specific word play or local, social, cultural or political references and nuances.
Print and Outdoor entries must be uploaded as high-resolution jpegs (300dpi/~240mm on longest side). Radio entries must be accompanied by a script in English or as a video compiling both original sound and subtitles in English. Film entries must be added in Defol.io as links only. TV/film and radio commercials may not exceed 3 minutes.
All non-traditional media entries in the Direct, Media, Branded Content, PR, Promo & Activation and Design groups must be accompanied by a PDF case study or a case film. PDF case study illustrates or explains the creative idea. Case films must be added as links and may not exceed 5 minutes. The organisers cannot guarantee to present video material that does not meet these requirements.
Entrants may submit physical samples of Direct, Print, Promo & Activation and Design entries in addition to the images uploaded online. Samples must be sent to Best Marketing office in Tallinn (attn: Ms Silja Oja, Best Marketing, AS Äripäev, Vana-Lõuna 39/1, 19094 Tallinn, Estonia) with the appropriate entry number (view your entry product code in defol.io), name of the work and category attached by 9 am, August 30, 2018 the latest. NB! The physical samples are not returned to the submitters.
All entrants authorise the organisers and other third-party companies to copy, scan, digitalise and otherwise duplicate their entries in whatever form and to use such material for exhibitions, screenings, publications, broadcasts, DVDs and on the Internet in order to promote the Balticbest awards and to propagate the results of the competition. Under no circumstances shall the organisers, or their authorised representatives, be held responsible for the payment of royalties or other charges in connection with the aforementioned activities. Each entrant agrees to not hold the organisers, and/or their authorised representatives, liable against any claims concerning the material in this respect.
HOW TO ENTER & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
Create your account in Defol.io/balticbest/2018
Entry form / case study: You should upload your materials in PDF format to „Drag your images here“ field in Defol.io entry submission site. Entry form may be maximum1000 characters long.
Images: Max: 6 images. NB! In print, print & poster craft and outdoor categories only 1 image per entry is allowed. If you wish to submit a series, you should upload and pay for the entries separately. You should upload your materials to „Drag your images here“ field in Defolio entry submission site. One digital image of each entry strictly in the following format: JPG, 300 dpi.
Case films, videos, films, radio ads: You should upload your case films and video clips to YouTube, Vimeo or any other file sharing site with free access and copy the link to „Link to video/presentation“ field in Defolio entry submission site. Max. duration: 3 minutes. Radio clips must be accompanied by a script in English (or as a video compiling the original sound with the script in English).